Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Goodness

I was racking my brain this year! What to make! I made soo many pumpkin desserts and goodies last year and although they were all delicious, I love to try new things. My bright idea was a pumpkin cheesecake with a gingerbread crust. I thought I would google it for inspiration and soon found out that everyone and their mother and mother's mother had already made one. Oh well! It is new to me and for a brief moment, I thought I was about to invent something that nobody else had heard of!

Here we go!

Crust:
2 cups crushed gingersnaps (Trader Joe's has the best ones with big chunks of real ginger..can't beat it!)
1/4 c. finely chopped pecans
1/4 c. melted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used a full teaspoon)
1/4 c. brown sugar





Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and lots of pam...or use a cupcake pan with cupcake liners with pam.


Blend cookies, sugar, cinnamon in the food processor until finely ground. Add pecans and butter.
Bake 10 mins. until firm.




Filling:
1/2 c. pumpkin
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon ( I used a full tsp.)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg (I used a full tsp.)
1/4 tsp. cloves (I didn't have any, so I used a 1/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice which has all that spicy goodness in it)
3 8ox. packages of cream cheese
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs

Stir together the pumpkin, spices, and flour. Set aside.

Beat the cream cheese until it is nice and smooth. Have a glass of spicy Pinot Noir. It pairs well with the spices of this dessert.
Add sugar & vanilla until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, until just combined after each addition.

Then stir 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture into the pumpkin goodness.







Pour the cream cheese batter onto crust and then add stripes of the pumpkin mixture.



Use the back end of a fork to make some napoleon inspired stripes!







After baking 20-30 minutes...



The cupcake version!


Cheers to some pumpkin inspired baking remix and feeling grateful for all of our blessings!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

xoxo,
Tipsy

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete