Monday, April 20, 2009

Bossy Cake

When your boss comes into your office for the sole reason of letting you know that just in case you were to bake her something for her birthday to just go ahead and bring it on Tuesday because, don't forget she has Monday off, do you have to bake her something?? I sure as hell felt like I did. Thus, this is Bossy Cake!!

I am actually glad she so subtlety hinted to make her something because she loves cinnamon and pumpkin anything, so I tried something I wouldn't have otherwise.


I found this recipe for the cake and icing and it sounded so good (I always go for cakes with no oil..butter is better...and buttermilk is always a good sign!!): http://www.classbrain.com/artfamily/publish/pumpkin_spice_cake_recipe.shtml


I added about half a teaspoon extra cinnamon and nutmeg to spice it up...and am so glad I did!


The Flour, Salt, Baking Powder & Soda, Nutmeg and Cinnamon...
















The Pumpkin, Buttermilk, Vanilla & Orange Zest (some extra vanilla and orange zest made it extra delicious).









~

~

~

~

Blending the Wet and Dry Mixture into the already blended Brown Sugar, White Sugar and Butter.















The perfectly bakes beauties...

























The Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting is super strong with pumpkin flavor and the cupcakes are too good to cover with it.

I had to add about 2 extra cups of powdered sugar before the frosting was thick enough to use.


I decided to go really light with the frosting by using a piping bag and then finished them off with a touch of brown sugar mixed with pumpkin pie spices...They turned out looking like mini pumpkin cinnamon rolls!





















I just had to eat one...or maybe I had 2! These little bebies are so addicting!!!
Good luck keeping your hands off these bossy little things and cheers to growing cahones big enough to demand baked goods on your birthday everyone!!!
xoxo,
Tipsy

2 comments:

  1. these sound amazing! I just made pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes...I love anything pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love pumpkin! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete