Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Upsidedown cake

For Easter this year my dad made his famous homemade rich vanilla ice cream. My job was to make something to go with/under it. I decided to go with something fruity instead of chocolate...after much debating and I am so glad I did!
~

I went with a Nectarine Upside down cake recipe from America's Test Kitchen. http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/login.asp?docid=6329
~
I started out with about 5 nectarines and because they weren't as ripe as I would have liked them to be, I tossed them in some Vanilla and Brown Sugar to sweeten them up and bring out that delicious fruity goodness.
~

~


After melting about 2 tablespoons of butter into 9 inch round pans and adding 1/2 cup brown sugar to each, I tried out a couple of designs with the fruit.
~

~
I just had to smuggle a few slices of the nectarines into my Sauvignon Blanc a la sangria style-so yummy!




~
Mixing up the batter: with butter, sugar, 2 whole eggs+1 egg white, baking powder, salt, vanilla and whole milk-you can't go wrong!



~



~



Out of the 350 degree oven and golden brown! Ice Cream please!!!!!




The caramelized sugar made the whole house smell super tasty!








FINALLY serving up the buttery carmely fruity goodness.





We heated up each slice in the microwave and then topped with my dad's ice cream.





A happy ending to our Easter eating extravaganza!
Hope you all had a very delicious and happy Easter!
xoxo,
Tipsy

No comments:

Post a Comment