Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cookies for Breakfast

This week the temperature FINALLY dropped in the hot hot desert and I was oh-so ready for some Fall inspired treats! I LOVE pumpkin everything! I had already made my bossy cakes in anticipation of the crispy air and when it finally did arrived I wanted to try something new....how can you make pumpkin even yummier?-add chocolate!
~
~
I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and I am so glad that I did!
~
1 cup butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon ( I added a bit more-love love love cinnamon!)
1 c. pumpkin puree
1.5 c. chocolate chips (of course, I added more)
1 c. cooking oats
~
Cream butter & sugars
Add Egg & Vanilla
~
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon
~
Stir dry ingredients into butter/sugar mixture alternately withe the pumpkin puree. Then add chocolate chips
~
Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes.
~
Can't wait to make some brandied cider to go with these sweet little babies!
~
~




These are so yummy and I must confess that I have been eating them for breakfast! I think the oats and pumpkin make them an acceptable breakfast food, what do you think?!



Cheers to being an adult and being able to eat cookies for breakfast...Next time I will call them pumpkin scones...the hubs won't know any better and then there will be more for me anyways. ;)
~
xoxo,
Tipsy

No comments:

Post a Comment