Monday, March 29, 2010

Magic Cookie Bars for a Cause

I love a good bake sale! Who doesn't and what better a cause then fighting cancer?





I was excited to join my team at the Ace Hotel in the Relay for Life this year.



You can still donate-just click here.


I decided on some sweet, simple and irresistible Magic Cookie Bars. I have been making these with my fam since I can remember and they always hit the spot!





You will need:


1.5 cup graham cracker crumbs


.5 cup butter (melted)


1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk


2 cups M & M's


1 1/3 cups flaked coconut


1 cup chopped pecans


...I added about 1 cup mini chocolate chips to make them extra chocolately and too good to pass up for all the relayers!





Smashing up the grahams is the most fun!











Mix the melted butter with the graham crumbs in the ziploc and then place in greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread evenly and press down to form the crust.





Then pour the condensed milk over the crust evenly.















Bring on the toppings! Just spread em' all out evenly and press down tightly!










Can I dig in now???? Nope, must bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes first.













The roasty toasty bars! YUMMMMMM!






I sliced and bagged them for sale. The theme of the relay this year was, "More Birthdays" so we sold the sweets as more Love, Smiles & Hope! I know these were a hit because the tray came back to me empty!








Cheers to baking for a good cause and bringing people together for one goal!
xoxo,
Tipsy



No comments:

Post a Comment