Sunday, August 2, 2009

My "Go To" Linzertorte

The hubs and I had some last minute plans for a little mid-week dinner get together at our place and with dinner looming in the back of my mind I knew I had to whip up an easy dessert. I learned how to make this Raspberry Linzertorte in a baking course that I took at Cooking with Class and it is sooo delicious and easy!



I started by mixing up the yummy Almond Short Dough the night before...you won't even need a glass of wine to make this dessert, but you will want one with it!

Blend 8 oz of butter and 6 oz of sugar on low until they are smooth.

Then add 5 oz. of powdered almonds ( I just threw some almonds in my food processor).





Then mix in 1.6 oz of eggs and 1/2 teaspoon on vanilla until just blended.
Then sift in 10 oz of pastry flour. I don't always have pastry flour around, so I substituted at a ratio of 1 3/4 cup of regular flour to 1/4 cup of cornstarch.




Then blend and chill. I chilled it over night and then rolled it out and filled the pan during my lunch break that day... making chicken piccata took up all my time that evening!



This is the best part! Just fill it with Raspberry Jam.






Rolling and cutting the lattice crust.



I didn't have time to weave them, but it tastes the same and no one will notice by the time dinner and a few glasses of wine have been enjoyed!!








Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.







Topped with yummy Trader Joe's Vanilla Ice Cream!







Cheers to great food and great company!
xoxo,
Tipsy


1 comment:

  1. A little recommendation: Here in Austria, we usually do Linzer Torte with red currant jam. It is more tart than raspberry, and compliments the almonds perfectly. Give it a try! :)

    There are two kinds of Linzertorte, hell (light) and dunkel (dark). Dunkle Linzertorte additionally contains chocolate... very, very yummy!
    Best regards, a visitor from Austria

    ReplyDelete